Harry Potter

Charmed

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Can You Really Make Money Selling E-Books ?

In the past few years, many people was enamoured with the idea of getting rich by selling e-books over the internet. Many have tried but only a few who actually manage to succeed in their journey to wealth. Many who failed then started to lose hope and refused to be “scammed” by those ideas anymore and in fact some of them already invested much money before their failure.

What I want to share today is my own story on how to prove if selling e-books really worth my time or nothing but completely waste of my time …

I have a Paypal account laying dormant so many years .. well maybe not that long .. just for dramatics mind you .. anyway back to the story , I was wondering what should I do so I can actually making money over the internet and they send me the money through my Paypal account but still back then I have no clue so I didn’t do anything unfortunately.

I signed up for an account in Google Adwords before and I use bank transfer for payment menthod and I got dissapointed because after I transferred to Google Adwords bank account, the money didn’t show up in my Google Adwords account. I tried contacting them through e-mail and I already sent copies of my transfer receipt but still no show for the money in my account so I accepted the loss and move on.

Few months ago, I got a Google Adwords Voucher worth of USD 100 on my Google Webmaster Tools and it got me thinking on how to make the most out of it without me losing the money again. So I created another Google Adwords account and still using bank transfer for method of payment. But the difference was I actually using Online Transfer this time instead of actually going to the bank and do the transfer myself and … It worked !!!

Several days later my Google Adwords account was ready to be used and my Paypal account already prepared to receive money. So what’s my next move ? Well I kinda hesitated and thinking what if it didn’t work ? What if I failed ? What if the money I spent didn’t make a break-even point ?

So I started looking product what should I sell over the internet. I bought an e-book worth $8 and promoted it using Google Adwords from Des 14, 2009 and until Jan 2, 2010 I received total $40 Gross in my Paypal account.

Here’s the proof :


 Now back to the question in the beginning Can you really make money selling e-books over the internet ? YES !! Does it totally worth my time and why ? YES !! Because not only I got my money back but I also learned that you actually need to spend some money if you want to receive some money selling something. You can use free advertising promoting your e-books but the results probably much more faster if you use paid advertising such as Google Adwords. Does it totally worth your time to try selling e-books over the internet ? It’s totally up to you to answer that and if you already decided to answer … tell me all about it!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment